On behalf of First Start Partnerships for Children and Families, thank you for your partnership and for helping make education possible for your child during these difficult times. After reviewing all pandemic guidelines and information available, the safest option is to continue at home learning until it is safe for children to physically return to school.
From your responses to our survey, we know the two highest concerns are keeping your child’s education on track (94%) and exposing your child and family to the COVID-19 virus (67%). We also know that balancing work and other responsibilities with your child’s care and learning is challenging.
We will begin the 2020-2021 school year on August 27, 2020 with our at home learning program, called First Start @ Home. This program will include:
- Daily fifteen-minute remote “classes” for children; your child can attend the live sessions from wherever they are (home, childcare provider, grandparents’ house, etc.) The sessions will be recorded and available for viewing at your convenience.
- Daily activities to follow remote classes: Materials and supplies will be provided to each family.
- Monthly parent-teacher remote conferences; these conferences can take place virtually or over the phone.
- Breakfast and lunch available for pick-up weekly in each school district region; more details to follow
- Wellness checks/Crisis counseling; program staff will work closely with you to support your individual family needs.
We are working to finalize the details of First Start @ Home and will communicate with you in the coming weeks. In addition, you will receive a survey on August 6, 2020 about what supports your family will need during this time. This survey will be sent to you through Remind and email.
Thank you again for all you are doing to help your child learn, connect with their teachers, and continue important daily routines. If you have questions or concerns please email us at Questions@firststartpartnerships.org
Annette Searfoss, Ph.D.
President & CEO