The Family Center is a virtual and physical gathering place for all families with children, prenatal to age 8. Our purpose is to walk with you on your parenthood journey and connect you to the support you may want along the way!
The Family Center is here to help you find the best ways to:
- Feel empowered as the expert on your child by learning about child development and parenting
- Help your child develop healthy communication and connections
- Engage with other families about the joys and challenges of raising children who are healthy, safe, and ready to learn.
- Get community support through resources and events that are designed with young children and families in mind.
- Build your own resilience as the caring adult in a child’s life.
Nicole Nicholson, The Family Center Director
Hi! I am so excited to be developing The Family Center, because I am a mother to 2 young children and I believe family is vitally important to a child’s success in life. I began my career with my first job as a babysitter and went on to earn a Bachelors in Elementary Education/Early Childhood from Shippensburg University. During my husband’s service in the Marine Corps, I developed a passion for working with families in military childcare. Upon returning to the area, my work with Head Start and Early Head Start furthered this passion. I am honored to be serving in my current role and can’t wait to find ways to support all families in our community.